Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cycling in India to Bedami Stage 26

Today's ride was 140 km with a lot of rough roads, so it was a long ride, Made longer by an error in the directions, so that I rode an extra 8km. It was the hottest and most thirsty ride to date. My thirst built up as I rode, despite the fact that I was drinking a lot of water. I filled the camel-back at lunch and again just before the end, where one of the trucks had stopped to give us water. I wore my sleeveless jersey for the first time, and didn't get the sun protection lotion on the back of my shoulders, so got a bit red there! Next day, I wore my white full-sleezed jersey.
  We rode through a lot of farming activity, most of the work focussed on harvesting sugar cane. We saw several other crops, including sunflowers. There was a lot of livestock along the road, and there were women using the pavement to winnow their grain.
I took it easy because the roads were rough, so arrived at the hotel after 3. I enjoyed its relaxing courtyard around the pool. I can't swim yet, because my road rash on my right elbow still bleeds a bit after a shower,  but it is getting better, so I should be able to swim in a few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment